How to monitor IIS7.5 Sites using Internet Information Services 2008 Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• By default, the Internet Information Services 2008 Management Pack only monitor the Default Web Site

Here is the screenshot below that the instance name is only apply to W3SVC/1.  Does anyone know how to monitor sites other than Default Web Site?

Friday, February 12, 2010 6:50 AM

Answers

• Will,

After looking at the screenshot, and the error message that you are getting, it is very likely that you are looking at the "Active Alerts" subsection of the "Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services" section. The alert is popping up because the Default Web Site is currently stopped. The "Web Site State" subsection has the states of all the different Web Sites available.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks,
    kehand

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Will,

Are you using SCOM SP1 or SCOM R2? Do you have the latest version (6.0.7600.0) of the IIS Management Pack that was released and is available for download here ? Which OS is your SCOM Server running?

Please let us know.

Thanks,
    kehand

Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Hi kehand,

I'm using SCOM R2 that installed on Windows Server 2008 Serivce Pack 2 (Standard Edition).  My IIS2008 MP version is 6.0.6726.0.  I was upgraded to 6.0.7600.0 (Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services 7).

I still don't know how to monitor sites other than Default Web Site.  Can you give me some hint?

Thanks!
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:26 AM
  • Hi kehand,

I'm using SCOM R2 that installed on Windows Server 2008 Serivce Pack 2 (Standard Edition) .  My IIS2008 MP version is 6.0.6726.0 .  I was upgraded to 6.0.7600.0 (Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services 7) .

I still don't know how to monitor sites other than Default Web Site .  Can you give me some hint?

Thanks!

Hi Will,

Are the agents that you are managing Server 2008 or Server 2008 R2? You will also need to install KB971541 on the management server as well all the agents. Special note should be of the fact that if the agent(s) is a Server 2008 R2 system, you will have to install the update manually.

Does the computer have any health alerts that are popping up under Monitoring -> Active Alerts? Are there any pending management items under Administration -> Device Management -> Pending Management that may need to approved?

Can you also email me your applicationhost.config at kehand [at] microsoft [dot] com so that I am better able to reproduce the situation?

Thanks,
    kehand
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:17 AM
  • Will,

After looking at the screenshot, and the error message that you are getting, it is very likely that you are looking at the "Active Alerts" subsection of the "Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services" section. The alert is popping up because the Default Web Site is currently stopped. The "Web Site State" subsection has the states of all the different Web Sites available.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks,
    kehand

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:42 AM