none
DPM 2012 R2 Reporting Server locations RRS feed

• Question

• I' m just looking to see what is and what is and not supported for a DPM 2012 R2 Topology for the SSRS.

When using multiple DPM servers with SSRS installed locally on the DPM server. Does each SSRS instance need a separate ReportServerDB on a remote SQL server running the SQL DB Engine. Or can they report to the 1 ReportServer DB on the remote SQL server?

I know I can have each SSRS instance installed on each DPM server point to the same SQL Server but creating multiple ReportServer databases.

Thanks

Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Single DPM server with SQL installed locally = SSRS is used locally.

Multiple DPM servers sharing a remote SQL server instance  = SSRS will also be shared in same SQL instance.

Multiple DPM Servers sharing a clustered SQL Server instance = SSRS will need to be on separate non-clustered SQL Server.  For each DPM server using the same standalone SQL Server instance - the SSRS will be shared. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:26 PM