asio2.sys system error and blue screen after enabling virtualization on ryzen 7 2700x RRS feed

• Question

• My specs are:

Asus B450 Gaming

ryzen 7 2700x

rtx 2070

16 gb of 3600MHZ ram in dual channel

Windows 10 Pro 1903

The problem is when after i enable SVM mode in BIOS the machine starts up and after 10 to 15 seconds after the system booted up and i can see my desktop it crashes. Error being a system_exception_error source asio2.sys. I have no idea why this happens couldnt find anything after 20 minutes of looking it up on google. I am new to the HyperV and probably just dont know what i am doing wrong.

Information from systeminfo:

Hyper-V Requirements:     VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
                                           Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
                                           Second Level Address Translation: Yes
                                           Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Note: the virtualization is off i am unable to enable it becouse of the issue i am having - the machine just blue screens after 15 seconds from reboot

Friday, January 24, 2020 12:38 PM

Answers

• Issue was caused by AI Suite 3 - uninstalling EZ Update (a part of this software) resolved the issue
    • Marked as answer by Szymon Kaszuba Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:32 PM
    Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:32 PM

All replies

•  asio2.sys seems to be by Asus:
    Built a PC and Haunted by BSODs
    Friday, January 24, 2020 1:33 PM
  • I have contacted asus - resolution in progress. Will post here when it is resolved
    Monday, January 27, 2020 9:55 PM
  • Issue was caused by AI Suite 3 - uninstalling EZ Update (a part of this software) resolved the issue
    • Marked as answer by Szymon Kaszuba Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:32 PM
    Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:32 PM
  • I have this exact same problem with almost identical hardware.

Removing the whole AI Suite did not help either. I STILL cant enter windows with AMD CPU Virtualisation on.

This is Quote from above, but is happening even after I removed the files.

The problem is when after i enable SVM mode in BIOS the machine starts up and after 10 to 15 seconds after the system booted up and i can see my desktop it crashes. Error being a system_exception_error source asio2.sys. I have no idea why this happens couldnt find anything after 20 minutes of looking it up on google. I am new to the HyperV and probably just dont know what i am doing wrong.

Information from systeminfo:

Hyper-V Requirements:     VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
                                           Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
                                           Second Level Address Translation: Yes
                                           Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Note: the virtualization is off i am unable to enable it becouse of the issue i am having - the machine just blue screens after 15 seconds from reboot

" -I dont agree with what you are saying, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it!"

Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:57 AM
  • as ASIO2.sys is still loaded (see last line of your screenshot): either the uninstall of AI Suite did not remove it, or some other Asus program is still installed that uses this driver.
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:45 AM