SMTP malfuction (smtp start/stop working) RRS feed

• Question

• My SMTP server stop working and start automatically and it works on one Vlan and not working on another Vlan, but i am able to telnet on port 25 from the not working Vlan, smtp send email on my domain but on the accepted domain it shows"Send-MailMessage : Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.54 SMTP; Unable to relay recipient in non-accepted domain".

please help me out.

• Edited by H.imran Monday, April 24, 2017 8:49 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think there might be a relay issue. Can you create a new connector (please write the IP range of the non working vlan into the brackets with the bold IP adresses:

New-ReceiveConnector -Name 'Relay Connector' -RemoteIPRanges @('10.30.2.0-10.30.2.254') -Bindings @('0.0.0.0:25') -Usage 'Custom' -Server 'E2K16.contoso.com' -TransportRole 'FrontendTransport'

Set-ReceiveConnector -RemoteIPRanges @('10.30.3.0-10.30.3.254') -Bindings @('0.0.0.0:25') -PermissionGroups 'AnonymousUsers' -Identity 'E2K16\Relay Connector'

Get-ReceiveConnector “Relay Connector” | Add-ADPermission -User “NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON” -ExtendedRights “Ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient”

Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -TarpitInterval 00:00:00

Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -ConnectionTimeout 00:30:00

Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -ConnectionInactivityTimeout 00:20:00

Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -MaxAcknowledgementDelay 00:00:00
    Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -MaxInboundConnection 10000

Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -MaxInboundConnectionPercentagePerSource 100

Set-ReceiveConnector -identity “Relay Connector” -MaxInboundConnectionPerSource unlimited

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Please check that recipientfilter is enabled or not:

Get-RecipientFilterConfig | FL Enabled,RecipientValidationEnabled

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi H.imran,

If SMTP server is Exchange server, could you give us more details about this issue, we could create SMTP reply on Exchange 2016 by the following link:
    https://practical365.com/exchange-server/exchange-2016-smtp-relay-connector/
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

If you install SMTP server using “Add Roles and Features wizard”, you could post this thread to Windows server forum by the following link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-us/home?category=windowsserver

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:00 AM