Windows 7 BSOD at least once a day/ RRS feed

• Question

• For about the past 3 weeks now windows will just go blue screen once a day everyday. No clue why and no clue has to what is doing it. It' also will freeze and I have to restart or the blue screen and a few day's both, but it only does it's once. Then a few day ago I found that if I go to shutdown the computer it goes to the windows shutting down screen then just restarts and give the windows did not shutdown starting safe mode screen so I have to shutdown again.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:17 PM

All replies

• Gee...that’s to bad
    do you think that maybe you could actually give us the BSD code message that shows so we can have some
    clue as to what is going on??
    failing that can you navigate to control panel/admin tools/event viewer and copy
    and paste the error message here so someone can have a clue as what actually went wrong??

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
    "Furydeath" wrote in message news:df064be4-b73c-4e25-8e08-31cba98d0810...
    For about the past 3 weeks now windows will just go blue screen once a day everyday. No clue why and no clue has to what is doing it. It' also will freeze and I have to restart or the blue screen and a few day's both, but it only does it's once. Then a few day ago I found that if I go to shutdown the computer it goes to the windows shutting down screen then just restarts and give the windows did not shutdown starting safe mode screen so I have to shutdown again.
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:54 AM
  • Well lucky it did it again -_- for jsut that last crash I have.

Error: Crash dump initialization failed!

Error: The previous system shutdown at 1:55:06 AM on ‎1/‎19/‎2011 was unexpected.

Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Warning: The driver \Driver\SysTool failed to load for the device Root\*SYSTOOLDEVICE\0000.

Warning: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device Root\SIDESHOW\0000.

Error: Crash dump initialization failed!

Error: Audit events have been dropped by the transport.  0

Error: The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Resource Publication service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel mode crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 9:35 AM
  • wow and i thought them one hot lines where they charge $5 an hour was bad but $210 and hour on that one, Or $100 by email. -_- I think I'll just keep getting my BOSD instead. So far the only thing I can find on google is it' s my G15 but I did everything on there and like everyone else it never fixes it.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:30 AM
  • wow and i thought them one hot lines where they charge $5 an hour was bad but $210 and hour on that one, Or $100 by email. -_- I think I'll just keep getting my BOSD instead.

A bugcheck (BSOD) is a mechanism to protect your PC from damage.

To see the cause I have to take a look at the dumps with the Debugging Tools for Windows.

Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:24 PM