How to remove specific application/Software from deploying RRS feed

• Question

• Below are the versions of MDT, I really don't know much but am tasked with removing a specific component that is being deployed from our templates. Looking for direction on steps to take to say remove a particular piece of software from being deployed please.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:44 PM

All replies

• Please be a bit more specific about what you are trying to accomplish: are we talking about hidinh an application im deployment wizard or stopping an application from getting installed?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:36 PM
  • When the MDT process kicks off, it installs a slew of software. I want to remove a particular piece of software from this MDT process is all.

Question is how does one perform this please?

Friday, September 29, 2017 1:29 PM
  • Depends on how your Task Sequence is configured. It is either a step in the Task Sequence which installs 

• and application bundle (and the software you want to remove is part of the bundle)
    • specific application

- OR -

Application installation is configured in your CustomSettings.ini. Check if there are entries similair to:

ManadatoryApplication00x={GUID}

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, September 29, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Excuse my non expertise here but this is all I see in the console, not sure where to find what you're suggesting.

Friday, September 29, 2017 2:31 PM
  • You need to be looking at the MDT Workbench / your MDT deployment share. The screenshot above depicts the WDS console.

Cheers,
    Anton

Friday, September 29, 2017 2:55 PM