FE Servers in Different Subnets RRS feed

• Question

• Gidday guys,

Does anybody know if its supported to have FE servers in the same EE pool in different networks?

I'm looking into deploying an FE pool within a large DC which means that some FE servers will be in different routed networks.

So far after looking at MS documentation, all I can see is that the servers must be in the same DC with no technical reason as to why bar performance.

Cheers,

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hi CBELL2407,

It is not supported to deploy FE Servers in the same FE pool in different networks by Microsoft. Based on my research, this may relate to the Windows Fabric, so it is not supported.

According to the environment you described, I suggest you could try to deploy many FE pools or SE Servers in your topology in different Subnets.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by woshixiaobai Monday, November 19, 2018 9:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:12 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 9:38 AM
  • Agree with Evan here, it is not supported because of Widows fabric where the members (nodes) within the pool would come from different IP subnets, and may be the SFB 2015 with Windows Fabric is coded to expect peer members(nodes) to be within the same subnet.

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:12 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 4:35 PM
  • Hi CBELL2407,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:16 AM