Is it possible to run programs written in BASICA on a windows PC? (Vista). RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, I was referred to here from:  Windows   Windows Vista    Programs

Back in the late 1980s, with the aid of the book 'Microsoft Basic for dummies', I wrote a few simple programs in BASICA.  I was using an IBM PS/2 model 50z PC and saved the programs to a 1.4Meg floppy, which I have recently re-discovered.  Using a USB floppy drive, I now have the files on my present machine running Windows Vista Home edition.  Is there any software I can purchase or download that would somehow allow these programs to run on this machine.

Many thanks
    Stewart7

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:54 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but you have posted your question in a forum that discusses Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF). I’m moving this thread.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br
    Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:55 PM
  • Hello Stewart7.

You're talking about a very old programming tool that is not supported to run under the modern Windows versions.
    I suggest you to install a virtualization program, create a virtual machine and install the operating system you need to run the program you develop.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:40 PM