Footer number and page number bug in Word2019 RRS feed

• Question

• In previous Word versions, there is no problem with non-English numbers in the page number area or footer area.

However, I have noticed that in 2019 version, the number is written in English although all settings are the same in previous version. That sounds like a bug.

Word version is 16.0.11929.20288

Picture No. 1: Persian numbers in the page area with a Persian font.

Picture No.2: Selecting the page number and trying to change the font type to Persian but it remains English

Picture No. 3: Language option

Picture No.4: Number format which is "context" and is a correct setting.

Not only page numbers, but all numbers in the footer area are affected by this bug.

• Edited by mahmoodn Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:15 PM

All replies

• Check the font in your Footer style. What is it?

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:31 PM
  • Yes you are right.

I fixed it in the footer style. However, in the previous version that isn't needed. So, it seems that the way to change the footer font has been changed.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:10 PM
  • Glad to have been of help.

This may be related to the template used to create the document. Styles are template- and document-specific.

Importance of Styles in Word

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:16 PM
  • Hi mahmoodn,

I'm glad to see your issue has been solved. 

To help close this thread, please mark the useful reply as answer. It also benefit others. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:51 AM
  • By default, the Footer style is based on the Normal style, so this is almost certainly a template issue, as Charles suggested.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 12:23 PM