Clear WSUS Synchronization Logs RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Server 2012 R2 and I am trying to clear the synchronization logs but I have had no luck.  Any ideas?
    Monday, August 15, 2016 4:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Keith7,

You may refer to the following article:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sus/2009/03/04/clearing-the-synchronization-history-in-the-wsus-console/

Note, in server 2012r2, we may use \\.\pipe\MICROSOFT##WID\tsql\query to connect to the database.

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express download link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=29062

Before you make changes to the database, you should make a backup first!

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:32 AM
  • I am getting the error

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 3

Incorrect syntax near '‘'.

after I run to following script

USE SUSDB
    GO
    DELETE FROM tbEventInstance WHERE EventNamespaceID = '2' AND EVENTID IN (‘381’, ‘382’, ‘384’, ‘386’, ‘387’, ‘389’)

• Edited by Keith_7 Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Keith_7 Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:13 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:24 PM
  • Hi Keith7,

It's a spelling mistake with the symbol: ', please cope the following content:

USE SUSDB
    GO
    DELETE FROM tbEventInstance WHERE EventNamespaceID = '2' AND EVENTID IN ('381', '382', '384', '386', '387', '389')

And check my screenshot above, ensure they are completely the same.

In addition, the result in my screenshot "13 rows affected" means 13 sync records are deleted.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:48 AM
  • Hi Keith7,

I notice you marked the answer, does this mean it work. If so, it's better that you can mark the detailed steps as answer, so that others can find the most useful information. If the issue still exits, let's do further troubleshoot.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, August 18, 2016 12:55 AM
  • Yes, it worked just fine.  Thanks for your help.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:50 PM
  • Thanks Ann, once I got SQL 2012 Management Studio Installed and ran this, all is well.

Friday, June 1, 2018 4:35 PM