Network Limitations with MDT Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, is there networking limitations with MDT with imaging multiple machines at the same time?

I sometimes have to disable and enable to network adapter to get it working again and just wondering if this is due to to much traffic? if so how can I get around this issue? Multicast?

Alex Olver

Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:39 AM

Answers

• This was resolved by removing networking traffic monitoring software.

Alex Olver

• Marked as answer by brimanyo Thursday, September 15, 2016 11:58 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 11:58 PM

All replies

• Why do you disable your NIC? Do you lose connectivity?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:32 PM
  • I disabled it because I lose connectivity, I cant ping the server or RD to it. I have to logon to the console to restore the connection.

When I login it doesn't say "disconnected" it's just "no network connection".

Alex Olver

• Edited by brimanyo Monday, August 29, 2016 12:03 AM
    Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:41 PM
  • Well based on your symptoms there is something more significant going on with Windows.  MDT is involved but, isn't the issue.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Monday, August 29, 2016 12:36 AM
  • Sure just always seems to happen when imaging machines.

Alex Olver

Monday, August 29, 2016 12:38 AM
  • It is a red herring.  There are a number of other things to look at that would be more helpful for you to look at.

WDS logs would be a good start.  There is literally nothing MDT does that would require a reset of the server's NIC for the serve to work again.

Monday, August 29, 2016 12:52 AM
  • An error occurred while trying to create the UDP endpoint for WDSTFTP provider on interface xx.xx.xx.xx:51918. This can happen if the network interface was disabled or changed, or some other application is already using the port. The provider  will not be able to receive requests on this interface.

Error Information: 0x2741

Alex Olver

Monday, August 29, 2016 12:56 AM
  • The error is:

The requested address is not valid in its context.

Source: Windows
    -----

Maybe someone else has seen this but, I think this is a hardware issue or maybe some misconfiguration of your switch regarding multicast.

Monday, August 29, 2016 1:08 AM
  • I am not using multicast... so could be a network card issue or a switch issue?

Alex Olver

Monday, August 29, 2016 1:12 AM
  • Sure, those are logical possibilities.

Monday, August 29, 2016 1:17 AM
  • This was resolved by removing networking traffic monitoring software.

Alex Olver

• Marked as answer by brimanyo Thursday, September 15, 2016 11:58 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 11:58 PM