none
Access 97 database cannot be opened due to "Unrecognized database format" error after KB4480960 security patch is applied RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We just found that some of our applications that depend on MS Access 97 database format could not open certain database tables. The error displayed is "Unrecognized database format". This issue started occurring after the January '19 security patches from Microsoft were deployed on our workstations.

After researching online, I came across https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4480960/windows-server-2008-kb4480960

I see that this has been marked as a known issue and that Microsoft is working on a fix that is estimated to be ready by early Feb. Last update was on 1/11

Are there any new updates regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Vishal

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

Sorry, I have the same information as you, don’t know the specific update release data, please note check for updates.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Any new updates on this yet?
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:00 PM
  • Microsoft Access is at Runtime 2013,next is Microsoft Data Base Engine 2016 this being Office compatability software is installed,Microsoft download center gets you both,plus on a download,more options should be available,microsoft web platform installer would be good also.... 
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Andrew, I don't quite understand if your comment is relevant to this issue. 
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:58 PM