none
Sync To Protected Actuals RRS feed

• Question

• Why does Project Server 2010 alter current and past actual work after altering remaining work for a task with multiple resources?  I have the 'Only allow task updates via Tasks and Timesheets' under 'Task Settings and Display' in PWA set. 
    Monday, January 28, 2013 9:33 PM

All replies

• I have experienced these sort of things you described in version 2007...

Experience has been that it has been difficult to isolate and troubleshoot.

Can you reproduce it ?

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:10 AM
  • Spiro,

I think we can repro the situation, but it takes time to set up.  What I have found are tasks with a "fixed work" and multiple resources attached.  The planner attempts to adjust the remaining work and pull in the finish date. Project gives an "out of sync" message and the actuals are posted into the future and the ones in the past are incorrect amounts like 2.38, etc.  I have the switch set to only allow actuals to be updated by the resource. 

To remedy the situation we had to undo the switch to allow us to correct all the bad actuals (using historical information from a report) and reset the remaining work to what is needed.  We also changed the task type to "fixed duration".  Finally we saved and published.

Going forward we are going to advise that all planners use the "fixed duration" task type and assign one resource per task.  I really don't want to go through an incident ticket process with Microsoft.  It is time consuming and generally takes 4 - 6 months to resolve.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:47 PM