none
accelerators not appearing on right click RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have IE11 and windows 8.1.

After the last round of updates I no longer have any options

for using the accelerators when highlighting text and right clicking.

All I get is the copy/paste menu. I have unistalled IE 11 and reinstalled it to no avail.

All the accelerators are in the manage Add on window. I don't know what

has happened. The accelerators  are the only feature in IE that make it worth having.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

jc

Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Considering that this issue can be caused by corrupted user profile or system files.

Please create a user account on your computer, and logon with it to see if it work fine.

If not, I recommend you run following command as admin to repair your system:

SFC /scannow

Any error, please post back the cbs.log here for our research.

In addition, please check the update history, and find out the updates for IE, and uninstall them. If currently, the accelerators works fine, let's install these IE updates one by one again to see which cause this issue.

Please post back the KB number of this update which may cause your issue, and I will help to search in detailed.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:02 AM
  • It seems KB2976627 is buggy -- it disables MSIE accelerators.  To fix the problem, uninstall the KB2976627 update and run naked through the forest of malware until MS fixes their KB297662 bug.  (Don't hold your breath waiting.)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/accelerators-not-working-after-cumulative-security/5c3c8398-306b-4848-8855-827ac5056d35

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:17 PM

All replies

• All I get is the copy/paste menu.

Sounds like you're in MUF IE instead of Desktop IE.   <eg>

However, right-click in here, in the Edit frame, doesn't show any accelerators either, just Inspect Element is the only unusual one in its menu.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I never use the MUF ie. It is the desktop version.

After the last lot of updates it seemed to reinstall IE and the accelerators option is 

gone. The machine is 8.1 and has almost no other software on it and has nothing

but MS update installed on it for over a year.

jc

jc

Monday, August 18, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Hi

I got accelerators back last night by clicking on restore settings on

the internet options, and re downloading the accelarators. However

this morning they have gone again. It is madness

jc

jc

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

Considering that this issue can be caused by corrupted user profile or system files.

Please create a user account on your computer, and logon with it to see if it work fine.

If not, I recommend you run following command as admin to repair your system:

SFC /scannow

Any error, please post back the cbs.log here for our research.

In addition, please check the update history, and find out the updates for IE, and uninstall them. If currently, the accelerators works fine, let's install these IE updates one by one again to see which cause this issue.

Please post back the KB number of this update which may cause your issue, and I will help to search in detailed.

Kate Li

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:02 AM
  • It seems KB2976627 is buggy -- it disables MSIE accelerators.  To fix the problem, uninstall the KB2976627 update and run naked through the forest of malware until MS fixes their KB297662 bug.  (Don't hold your breath waiting.)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/accelerators-not-working-after-cumulative-security/5c3c8398-306b-4848-8855-827ac5056d35

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the suggestions Craig in PA posted?

If the KB he mentioned doesn't fix your issue, please take time to see my previous suggestions as below to help to determine which update cause your issue.

Kate Li

Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:27 AM
  • This bug now also shows up in the update for MSIE 11 / Win 8.1 64-bit KB2977629, too.

How do we get MS to fix this?  (I've tried to "submit feedback.")

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:57 PM
  • It's also occurring in certain subsequent updates now.  It has been reported to MS and is being followed by them, but I see no progress on any fix to be able to restore MSIE right-click accelerators.
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:33 PM