Enabling bitlocker remotely without MBAM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'need to enable bitlocker remotely (encryption etc..) on computers without MBAM (because of the software assurance we didn't own).

I think that the best way is to do with powershell script like this comandlet ?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/bitlocker/enable-bitlocker?view=winserver2012r2-ps

Any advises are welcome ;)

Regards

Friday, March 16, 2018 8:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• MBAM will just display a UI so that users can provide their PIN / passwords. You can try proceeding as you have mentioned above through PowerShell and see if it fits your needs.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Saturday, March 17, 2018 11:30 PM
  • Yes, using PowerShell script to enable BitLocker on clients is a good way, combining with GPO(BitLocker Encryption policies and startup script), you could make it easily.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 19, 2018 8:23 AM
  • That's the idea I had indeed..
    Monday, March 19, 2018 8:50 AM
  • OK, since you have got the idea of current scenario, please mark your reply to close the case, this behavior can help other forum user find out effective information.

Thanks for understanding and cooperating.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:36 AM