locked
CENTRAL ADMIN: app pool: exception from hresult: 0x800710D8. RRS feed

  • Question

  • am getting error in central admin in sp 2010.

    CA APP POOL in inetmgr  was stopped., so i restarted but immed.  it stopped again!!!

    went to services.msc and restarted the sp admin, timer services  but in vain.

    when i tried to recycle the central admin  app pool am getting the below errror:

    there was an error  while performing this operation.

    the object identifier doesnt represent a valid object.exception from hresult: 0x800710D8.

    am stuck with this,donno how to resolve this. first  time   am getting this error:

    am usng  SP 2010 / windows server 2008 R2 OS


    trutrutr

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:42 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    I am not able to reproduce your issue but I think you not updated the password for your service application thats why you are getting this error (I am not sure about this). if you have configured the Enterprise Search Service to use a managed account whose password is scheduled to be changed every 30 days then you have to update this password as well.

    Better you look into this artcile to update the password for all.

    http://blog.falchionconsulting.com/index.php/2010/10/service-accounts-and-managed-service-accounts-in-sharepoint-2010/

    Let us know your result

     


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

    Monday, June 11, 2012 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

    Make sure that the account running the application pool has necessary user rights. It needs log on as a service and log on as a batch job. 


    Regards
    Henrik A. Halmstrand
    sharepointrevealed.com
    getspconfig.codeplex.com
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.

    Monday, June 11, 2012 9:07 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Have you updated your account password recently? If yes then you have to update the same in application pool as well.

    Check this to update application pool account password:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/seanearp/archive/2011/01/25/updating-passwords-on-sharepoint-2010.aspx

    hope it could help


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:27 AM
  • a suggestion would be to

    1)stop the Applcaton pool

    2) update password for Identity for Application pool

    3) start the application pool

    4) recycle the application pool

    5) try browsing the CA

    hope so this helps you


    Pious P P | Enthusiastic about SharePoint

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:40 AM
  • thnx for the reply. even after performing steps what you have told , it didnt solve my issue.it still throws the service unavailable error: 503 error: in the central administration.

    the account in which is used to install is a serviced managed account.

     any other reasons for this deadly error. plz help


    trutrutr

    Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

    Sorry for late reply. If you are still with same problem then you can sharepoint configuration wizard.


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

    Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:27 AM
  • hi,

    i ran the config wizard again but the problem still persists.

    i checked the event viewer here is the error info.

    "The synchronization operation of the search component: 8cf36af8-1550-4639-9139-96f38fd45e35 associated to the search application: Search Service Application on server: servername has failed. The component version is not compatible with the search database: Search_Service_Application_CrawlStoreDB_ab090cf2ed674d5ab57061cd92728f65 on server: servername. The possible cause for this failure is The database schema version is less than the minimum backwards compatibility schema version that is supported for this component. To resolve this problem upgrade this database.."

    what i am missing,to  resolve this what should i do. 

    any help is appreciated


    shankar


    • Edited by DADasRF Saturday, June 9, 2012 3:43 AM
    Saturday, June 9, 2012 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

    I am not able to reproduce your issue but I think you not updated the password for your service application thats why you are getting this error (I am not sure about this). if you have configured the Enterprise Search Service to use a managed account whose password is scheduled to be changed every 30 days then you have to update this password as well.

    Better you look into this artcile to update the password for all.

    http://blog.falchionconsulting.com/index.php/2010/10/service-accounts-and-managed-service-accounts-in-sharepoint-2010/

    Let us know your result

     


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

    Monday, June 11, 2012 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

    Make sure that the account running the application pool has necessary user rights. It needs log on as a service and log on as a batch job. 


    Regards
    Henrik A. Halmstrand
    sharepointrevealed.com
    getspconfig.codeplex.com
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.

    Monday, June 11, 2012 9:07 AM
  • For mine it's ApplicationPoolIdentity I assume, under the advanced settings. I don't see any option for setting the rights.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:20 PM