none
Date Enterprise Custom Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team!

Short question, which I didn't manage to figure out while googling :)

I created an enterprise custom field with Entity='Task' and Type='Date'. The field works fine except one thing:

the date itself is displayed correctly, but the time is always '18:00' or '6 p.m.' regardless the real time when I was entering the value and publishing the project. E.g. the same thing is observed in ActualFinish fields of the Reporting DB (AssignmentActualFinish, TaskActualFinish, etc.). The date is correct, the time is always the same '18:00' or '6 p.m.'.

Could anyone explain this behavior for me or point to an article which would do it?

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Artem,

The time doesn't change by itself thats default behaviour, it by default displays what's set in calendar, reason Just as you would plan your dates for the project similarly for tasks time is also planned & needs to be changed manually, for eg you might want to track tasks on an hourly basis in that case date alone would not help, but you would need to plan the timings for a task as well, and as you said thats applicable for all Date fields

Let us know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply!

Highly appreciated! Solved now!

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Artem,

The time doesn't change by itself thats default behaviour, it by default displays what's set in calendar, reason Just as you would plan your dates for the project similarly for tasks time is also planned & needs to be changed manually, for eg you might want to track tasks on an hourly basis in that case date alone would not help, but you would need to plan the timings for a task as well, and as you said thats applicable for all Date fields

Let us know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply!

Highly appreciated! Solved now!

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:14 PM