Logitech M555b conection problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell computer running 64bit Windows 7.  I have been able to connect a Logitech bluetooth M555b mouse until recently although from time to time I would have to reconnect when it would stop working.  The last time I tried to reconnect, the add a device window reconized the mouse but when I tried to connect, the window goes into a continous state of trying to connect with the connection icon indicating that it is attempting the connection.

This morning, I restored the computer to a previous point.  The mouse was connected and worked for about 15 minutes  then stopped.  The show bluetooth window indicates the mouse is attached.  When I uninstall the device, I get the same problem as above.  I do have the device driver set so that windows does not turn buletooth off.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:15 AM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Networking)
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking this issue, I would like to suggest you  take the following steps to troubleshoot:

1.      Test your mouse on another computer to see if it can work.

2.      Also ensure the Bluetooth adapter on the computer is OK.

3.      Upgrade the Bluetooth adapter’s driver.

4.      Check if the Bluetooth adapter has the Power Saving function, if so, disable it:

Disable Power Saving function of the NIC:

1)      Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties.

2)      Click Device Manager in the left pane.

3)      Navigate to the Bluetooth adapter, right click on it and choose Properties.

4)      Go to Power Management tab.

5)      Please uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”

6)      Restart the computer and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, October 29, 2010 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:15 AM
  • Hi CowDave,

Have you tried Logitech SetPoint 6.15 to manage the mouse?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads/mice/devices/5747?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After checking this issue, I would like to suggest you  take the following steps to troubleshoot:

1.      Test your mouse on another computer to see if it can work.

2.      Also ensure the Bluetooth adapter on the computer is OK.

3.      Upgrade the Bluetooth adapter’s driver.

4.      Check if the Bluetooth adapter has the Power Saving function, if so, disable it:

Disable Power Saving function of the NIC:

1)      Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties.

2)      Click Device Manager in the left pane.

3)      Navigate to the Bluetooth adapter, right click on it and choose Properties.

4)      Go to Power Management tab.

5)      Please uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”

6)      Restart the computer and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:15 AM
  • Hi CowDave,

Have you tried Logitech SetPoint 6.15 to manage the mouse?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads/mice/devices/5747?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Same thing happend to me. Bought my m555b few days ago, occassionally after some 20 or 1 hour of use it suddenly stopped working and I had to restart the computer to make it work. Win 7 X64 Home Premium. Tried all of the above suggestions... no result. Please help.

Sincerely,

Bagus

Sunday, March 27, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hi Bagus,

It can be bluetooth device driver and\or power settings...check for updated driver for Win 7 64-bit

Use the latest version of setpoint now 6.20 http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads/mice/devices/5747?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14

check batteries or charge of mouse

finally check for electrical interference or other devices transmitting interfering with the mouse-cell phones, monitors, external drives

Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:35 PM
  • HI I had this problem too with my M555b mouse..... you only have to into services (local) and change the start of bluetooth service from manual to outomatic, that solved the problem for me :)
    • Proposed as answer by kopeda Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:17 AM
    Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Hi,My Hp 8560 with Win Xp couldn,t detect the M555b mouse. Not even with the latest Septpoint software from Logitech.

I unistalled the software and used a old one from a CD, setpoint 4.80. Know it works perfectly.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Unfortunately nothing, I have turned all bluetooth services automatic (I have 2 ?) but problem rests. I have no time to

manage such stuff, I will throw this mice into garbage, and by another.(or back to XP on which it works for several

years normaly?

Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:52 PM
  • I have the same problem with Windows 7 x64 and a Lenovo T530.

I'm sure it is not hardware. I wonder if it is the mouse or Windows which is the issue. Everytime I turn off and on the mouse, it does not reconnect, and there is no way to make it work again. Same after system reboot. I have to remove the mouse from bluetooth devices and re-add it !!! Pain in the ass.I guess I'll do the same as you :( But this is just outrageous.

My guess is that Logitech is owning poorly Bluetooth. They just don't like bluetooth and do not care about it, because they have their own wireless solution which is, I have to admin, quite reliable.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:17 PM
  • For me this was happened cause of a faulty driver. Solved by installing an older version 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24679/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-WP-

2/3/2015 17.1.1411.01

Dell XPS 14 W7 64bit - Logitech M555b

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:22 AM