Skype contacts not showing telephone number RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There was a similar case which was asked before, but there was no answer:

Basically, if you have a Skype for Business contact and you hover over there image or the phone icon, some people will show a number and others won't.

Our system is setup the same for all users, even if a number is listed for them in Skype and or the GAL/Outlook the number will not populate, can't add screenshots until my account is verified sorry.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean when hove over the Phone icon in the SFB contacts, it should show user’s telephone number as below screenshot?

If yes, based on my test, please try to check the Phone numbers in the SFB options, make sure the users who are in your contacts have enter the phone number in it. In addition, you could also check the user’s AD attribute, check whether assign the phone number for them in AD. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:11 AM
  • Hi Evan,

I've done quite a bit of cross referencing as you suggested.

Sadly, there is still no answer for this, I asked the users to check again today and after 3 weeks the function returned!

Thanks for your input.  

Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

How many users in your environment have this issue? Just specific users or most of user?

If only specific users, please try to clear the cache files for the users as below, then check this again:

SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:04 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:13 AM