Windows Vista Trouble RRS feed

• Question

• hello to you...i have a question...i bought windows vista for my computer a while back...everything was fine...now i was to reformat my hard drive so i can have somewhat of a new computer...BUT!!! at first my dvd rom would not read dvd's or cd's so i bought a new one still having the same problem except now i can burn CD's with my brand new dvd rom and thats it nothing more....my vista cd ask for me to press a button to boot from the disc which i do....but when i go to install a new copy it ask for my product key...and i put it in...but the BS tell me that its not the right one....and i know it is because its all original stuff...can any one help me?
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 10:02 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

You can install Windows Vista without inputting the product key. After Windows Vista is installed, you can contact Microsoft Activation Center 888-571-2048 to activate the system.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, May 5, 2008 11:17 AM

All replies

• Do you have an "upgrade" or a "full" version Windows Vista license?

Sunday, May 4, 2008 4:09 PM
  • i have the full version for windows vista home basic
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:59 PM
  •  

Hi,

You can install Windows Vista without inputting the product key. After Windows Vista is installed, you can contact Microsoft Activation Center 888-571-2048 to activate the system.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, May 5, 2008 11:17 AM
  • PLEASE when you tell people to call the Microsoft could you please tell them to dial a 1 before the 888-571-2048? They call me 12 times a day. Seriously.

Please dial 1-888-571-2048

Thanks!!

Monday, August 31, 2009 7:55 PM