My computer keeps randomly shutting down, event viewer says Kernel-Power Critical RRS feed

• Question

• ive done the third scenario on this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

and i have found that it doesnt help. the most recent data for the error is this:

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
    EventID 41
    Version 2
    Level 1
    Task 63
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000000000000002
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2011-09-08T11:14:07.563600000Z
    EventRecordID 226959
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    Channel System
    Computer Rhiannon-PC
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress false
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0

I would appreciate more help. This is getting very frustrating.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue is mostly related to the hardware configuration, please update the BIOS and the chipset driver for test.

You could boot into Safe Mode to test, if this issue still exists in Safe Mode, I suspect this is related to the motherboard, you could contact the device manufacturer for further help.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:57 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue is mostly related to the hardware configuration, please update the BIOS and the chipset driver for test.

You could boot into Safe Mode to test, if this issue still exists in Safe Mode, I suspect this is related to the motherboard, you could contact the device manufacturer for further help.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:57 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:04 AM
  • im not very good with the actual configuration of a computer, just using them. how do i update the BIOS and Chipset Driver?
    Monday, September 12, 2011 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

This depends on your computer model, you could go to the manufacturer websites to download and install the latest drivers.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:20 AM