none
DPMRA starts/stops with no jobs in progress RRS feed

• Question

• On one of our servers, the DPMRA service is starting and stopping every 30 minutes (taking 5 minutes to stop), giving an event 7035 and 7036. On the DPM server, no jobs are in progress. I checked all of our protection groups and none of them are set to run consistancy checks that often anyway. This is DPM 2010, any help on figuring out why DPMRA is running every 30 minutes would be appreciated.

-Eric F

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Every 30 minutes the dpm server establishes communications with the protected servers to freshes the agent status and may also issue alerts if protected servers are not reachable for an extended period of time. This is normal and will not cause any problems.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Every 30 minutes the dpm server establishes communications with the protected servers to freshes the agent status and may also issue alerts if protected servers are not reachable for an extended period of time. This is normal and will not cause any problems.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that the 30minutes refresh is causing issues, for at least 2 minutes the console will become unusable an freeze. The rest of the system is working fine, only DPM stopped responding. I would like to disable this refresh feature to a minimum of 2 time a day...

DPM2010 is running on 1cpu quad core with 24GB of memory and 64GB of Pagefile

regards,

Michel

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

The agent refresh interval is not a configurable option.  I would investigate why the server becomes unresponsive using performance monitor - that is not a normal or common condition. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

This behavior is on my two DPM servers.
    On both sides I have an DPM server with is configured to replace some of the protection from the other and Vice Versa.

It is very anoying that the console freezes while your are working on it. I used the performance monitor and process monitor, only i cannot find the issue or process.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:35 AM