BSOD on Vista install (0x000000A) / Windows hangs on Acer Logo screen RRS feed

• Question

• Few days ago i turned my computer on.. (Acer Aspire m1640) and it hangs on the Acer logo screen.. won't let me enter BIOS or Boot menu unless i hit the power button once then it comes right back on and im then allowed to enter BIOS or Boot menu. If i try to start windows normally. it stays on the loading screen (loading bar moving on bottom) If i try to boot in safe mode or anything else it justs tays on black screen.. Removed ram all non needed periphials etc.. nothing.. Checked BIOS it's reading my HDD and CD/DVDdrive...I was frustrated and figured a fresh install wouldnt hurt anything.. When trying to install windows it says Required driver for CD/DVD not found (or close to that) I was told it was my sata drivers. so i loaded SATA controller onto a usb flash drive low and behold it starts installing..after the first reboot and vista says "Finishing Installation" I get a BSOD 0x000000A but it turns off to fast that i cannot get the the parameters.. Doing some research quite a few people said hanging on acer logo screen was due to bad integrated/installed video card (mine is integrated) I have a ATI Radeon HD3470 pci-e x16 card i just bought not installed yet. (noob mistake forgot to order a DVI-I cable). With more research I found the 0x000000A BSOD could be a hardware issue (memtest came back good, hddtesting utility came back with no errors, and chkdsk found nothing as well.. Since I cannot yet test my new video card untill i get my DVI-I cable.. would the video really be the culprit of my problems, and would it cause vista install to give that error near the end of installation..

I am a avid player of World of Warcraft and after 2 solid years of playing the video card seems logical, the ram i know can be bad with it testing good(have 2 x2gbsticks on the way, upgrading from 2 x1gb sticks) I have read all the forums and atm havethe new video card out and only trying to install windows vista with no success.. PLEASE HELP!
    • Edited by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:05 PM Shorten title
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:05 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:13 PM