Windows 1709 Fall Update + Sysprep RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I've seen / heard of a lot of people having the same issues I was having last week. Has anyone found a solution to be able to uninstall all these apps Microsoft is installing? There seems to be NO way to capture a 1709 image for deployment.

Look forward to your advice

Thanks
    Ryan

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

To my knowledge, the best way to prevent SysPrep from failing is to disable the Store update process or to disable internet access. Download clean 1709 image and

Run the following command to get the exact package name

Get-AppxPackage -AllUser | Format-List -Property PackageFullName,PackageUserInformation.

After that, run one of the following command to remove the package or provision package.

Run Remove-AppxPackage -Package <packagefullname>

Remove the provisioning by running the following cmdlet:

Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName <packagefullname>

Similar case.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b659d86-560e-4b08-834b-4f976d7792c8/failed-to-sysprep-and-capture-windows-10-fall-creators-1709?forum=mdt

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:33 AM
  • Thank you,

Will give this a try.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:49 PM
  • You are welcome, hope my idea can help you

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:28 AM
  • We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:50 AM