none
Consistency Check on Host Level Backups are failing RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing this error message when trying to alleviate backup failures on DPM Host Level backups.

Any suggestions?

Type:     Consistency check

Description:        Failure occurred while adding one or more of the volumes involved in backup operation to snapshot set.

Michael Strowd

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:33 AM

All replies

• Some additional error details:

The error code for this is ID 104 and Internal Error Code 0x809909E2

The replica is inconsistent of Microsoft Hyper-V\Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot\

Alison Sutton

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:30 PM
  • Hi,

That error code = PATH_IS_REPARSED

Make sure none of the volumes holding the VHD's are mult-level mountpoints.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:12 PM
  • I'm also receiving the same error message with DPM2012 and a Server 2008 R2 Failover Cluster. Can you please provide more detail in your response?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:01 AM
  • I believe that the problems that we are experiencing are related to VSS problems with our Left Hand SAN VSS writers. There are firmware updates available that we will be installing later this week that will hopefully alleviate the issue. I will keep everyone posted. 

Michael Strowd

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:24 AM