Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 10 Recover Webpage on HTTPS pages after imaging RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, we use SCCM and the unattend.xml answerfile for imaging. I have created more than one image in VM and using it for our Gold image. Internet Explorer 11 works fine in the VM prior to sysprep. We sysprep and use the unattend to copy the default profile. after imaging, on any https pages we get recover webpage constantly. we have reset IE and still the same. It does work without plugins. we find out with flash object enabled it crashes. of course some pages will not work with out flash so this is not an option. It also works when you run as administrator. we also do not want to set that because we also use the ACL controls and do not want the users to have to click yes every time they launch IE. Any insight would be helpful as we have many reasons to use IE and need it working properly. we have created a new answer file also with the same results and this seems to be the ONLY issue...

Thanks,

Bobby

Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:31 PM

Answers

• We added the pages to the security tab in IE and seems to be working. Never had to do that before

thanks

• Marked as answer by Robert Hayes Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:27 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Bobby,

As you mentioned in post, you got Recover Webpage only on those HTTPS websites, other HTTP websites can browse normally, also, when you remove plugins, IE works fine.

Therefore, I think issue is related to your security software or firewall.

As we all know, port 80 chosen as the default HTTP port and 443 as the default HTTPS port, in current scenario, I suggest to check your firewall’s settings, maybe it configured port 443 then result in problem, close it temporarily to see the result.

Besides, some security software have attached add-ons or plugins, try uninstall security software to see if can fix problem.

There is a link talks about similar condition, let’s find out some useful methods from here.

http://atechjourney.com/recover-webpage-how-to-fix-internet-explorer-freezing-up.html/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 4, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Teemo,

Thanks for the information and link. I did try all that except cc cleaner as I do not want this on every computer we image. It is a weird problem, as it works fine in the virtual prior to sysprep. it also works fine without my unattend.xml to copy the profile. I even created another unattend.xml as the first one was using Windows 10 enterprise and now we use the Education version. I thought maybe that was the issue. I think I will try to create a new profile and re-sysprep and use the unattend.xml to rule that out also. Like I said this is very weird and unusual put has happened on multiple images built inside the VM and multiple unattend.xml files. something is messing up IE 11 in Windows 10 only... weird...

thanks if anyone know anything else to look at that would be great.

Bobby

Friday, March 4, 2016 3:41 PM
  • The other thing I noticed is it works fine on the local accounts. I join the domain in the task sequence process and one security group to the administrators group. hmmmmm

I will look at that

Friday, March 4, 2016 3:57 PM
  • So I tried a different user that was not in that security group with the same results. next I will test not joining the domain till after in my task sequence and do a manual join.
    Friday, March 4, 2016 4:03 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Yes, your line of thought is reasonable.

If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 1:21 AM
  • We added the pages to the security tab in IE and seems to be working. Never had to do that before

thanks

• Marked as answer by Robert Hayes Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:27 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:27 PM