Install Client results in 67 Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the SCCM Client just to the SCCM Server itself and I am getting an error

Source \\serverfqdn\SMSClient is inaccessible (67)

From doing research I am finding it to mean that network name not found. That is weird to me because I can access that server fqdn name fine from servers. The SMSClient does not exist as a share or anything on my server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:50 PM

All replies

• I did some more digging in the ccmsetup.log file. I have my management point setup for HTTPS.

It looks like that the log says that there is a site P01 and it does return a management point for a name. But then it says that the client will use HTTP (instead of HTTPS) to connect to the management point. Then because it is trying to connect to the MP as HTTP and the MP only excepts HTTPS it is throwing an error saying that the MP is incompatible. Now I had set the client certs up to specs but I am wondering if before I copied the template that somebody had changed settings in the template that is used to create the Client Cert. I believe it is called Workstation Authentication.

When I look at the Cert that was handed out for autoenrollment for the Client Cert there is nothing in Subject Name. All that is filled out is the SAN with the DNS FQDN. Does that sound right for a client cert?

If the cert is incorrect will that be what causes a client to connect to a MP as HTTP instead of HTTPS and throw back that the MP is invalid when doing a client install?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:02 AM