none
Photos in picture viewer not displaying by date! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So I sort most of my photos by date modified, but I am getting some funny problems with Windows Picture Viewer (and even Irfanview etc for that matter).
    When I have Windows Picture Viewer as the default handler for viewing images, if I double click the last (most recent) image I have saved and press the left arrow (I want to cycle back through my images) it skips about a few thousand images back and then proceeds to work properly (ie one by one) after this huge first jump. If I start from where I want to start looking and press the right arrow instead, the problem isn't there!

Also, if I right click>>open with>>Windows Picture Viewer or am using an alternative viewer such as irfanview, when I open images and press left or right to cycle through the images, it seems to be sorted by name! While all this time in the folder I have the photos arranged by date modified.

This is really annoying, does anyone have a fix?

I'm sure it never did this in Vista.

Cheers
    Friday, February 27, 2009 2:09 PM

All replies

• You are probably accessing the new "Library" instead of the original folder.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:50 PM
  • Thanks Mark but I don't think this is the problem. I am not using the pictures library at all. Any other ideas?
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:21 AM
  • The solution: Make Windows photo viewer the default program and it's solved.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 2:34 PM