none
Move Protection Group from 1 volume to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice on the best way to go forward with the small problem I have.

We have a 2008 R2 server running DPM 2010 with two volumes used to store backups, 1 is an internal Raid 5 Partition & the other is a iSCSI connected NAS Drive.

Most of the data is on the NAS Drive, with a small amount on the Internal Partition. This Internal Partition seems to be the default volume as any new Protection group that is small enough will use this as its data source.

This is a problem because I believe these internal disks are 4 sector drives & I am unable to use this volume for BMR backups. I’ve got two protection groups with 1 server in each residing on this internal volume.  

So my question is Move Protection Group from 1 volume to another?

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Billy,

You will need to use the migratedatasourcedatafromdpm.ps1 script. Here is a link to this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2009/06/22/how-to-use-the-migratedatasourcedatafromdpm-ps1-dpm-powershell-script-to-move-data.aspx

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Billy,

You will need to use the migratedatasourcedatafromdpm.ps1 script. Here is a link to this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2009/06/22/how-to-use-the-migratedatasourcedatafromdpm-ps1-dpm-powershell-script-to-move-data.aspx

HTH

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Hi Billy,

HTH

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing

If I’m not mistaken, migratedatasourcedatafromdpm.ps1  move’s all data from a volume to another volume. Is there a way to only specify moving a protection group’s data?

Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:46 PM