Roaming profile not loading. RRS feed

• Question

• One of our employees uses a laptop for his work and sometimes his roaming profile doesn't load when he logs in. I had the laptop with me yesterday and removed his user profile via my adminstrator account and I also looked in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Profile List to make sure the key had gone and it had. User logged back into the machine and his profile loaded, I then restarted his machine, got him to log in and his profile loaded again.

However this morning he says that the profile hasn't loaded. Would the fact he uses his laptop from home and in the office play a part in his profile not fully loading properly? Or is there something I've missed when removing his profile and getting him to log back on again?

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think this issue might be related corrupted\locked files or related regsiry entries or internet connection which prevent the load of the roaming profie. I suggest you check log in event viewer in both the client side and the server side.

And I suggest you check the associated policy,

Computer (User) Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\ User Profiles  

check if you applied any policies to contorl the user profile, such as slow network connection detection, timeout session, etc.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:44 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 7:33 AM