locked
Skype For Business couldn't find a Skype for Business Server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Our company uses Office365 with Skype for Business 2016. We have recently had an issue with just one machine where we get the following error when logging into Skype:

    "Skype for Business couldn't find a Skype for Business Server for DOMAIN.com. There might be an issue with the Domain Name System configuration for your domain. See KB2566790 for details and contact your system admin."

    That KB gives me this guide - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2566790/troubleshooting-skype-for-business-online-dns-configuration-issues-in - but that does not help me. The issue is occurring only on one machine, so it's not a DNS issue, and regardless I've checked the records they suggest and they look fine.

    Reinstalling doesn't help, nor does deleting the stored credentials. I can't find any question online that is satisfactorily answered.

    Can anyone help?

    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:31 PM

All replies

  • Hi Emily,

    Did you try with another account to log on the same computer ? Try also nslookup on the computer to verify that DNS is resolving.

    Greetings,

    Erdem


    Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:07 PM
  • Hi Erdem,

    Yep, tried my own account on that computer and got the same error.

    Tried an nslookup, DNS is resolving as expected.

    Regards,

    Emily


    • Edited by EmilySteel92 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Hi Emily,

    You can check the tracing file of the client with snooper:

    %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing\Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog

    You can see where the error comes from. Or you can paste the error here and delete the personal information.

    Greetings,

    Erdem


    Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:20 PM
  • Hi EmilySteel92,

    Please use manual configuration and sign in the SFB client with sipdir.online.lync.com:443 
     Set the value of this registry key to 1 and try to sign in ,if could not find the attribute (DisableNTCredentials) ,please add it.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\
    DisableNTCredentials 
    set DWORD value to 1 

    Regards,

    Leon Lu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Hi Erdem,

    I have checked the error in that file and come across something very strange.

    Though the username was typed correctly, it seems as though it was looking for a misspelled version of our domain name. I had already deleted the sip folders and stored credentials, but this time I went into the registry and deleted some existing entries that I thought might have been pointing to this incorrect domain. Then, it worked fine.

    Thanks for your help,
    Emily

    Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:52 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

    Regards,

    Leon Lu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Thanks for pointing me in this direction. I found the following in my log file:

    signin to server=sipinternal.domain.com

    <Info><![CDATA[Discovery task(1E254758) sent to URL https://lyncdiscoverinternal.domain.com

    I added the following CNAME entries to the internal DNS server:

    name: sipinternal.domain.com

    Value: sipdir.online.lync.com

    Name: lyncdiscoverinternal.domain.com

    Value: webdir.online.lync.com

    This fixed the issue.

    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:16 PM
  • Great to hear that your problem is fixed :)

    Greetings,

    Erdem


    Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:34 PM