none
Why users don't exist in Project Resource Plan after I imported my resources from local .mpp files? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have several .mpp files that are using shared resource pool. We are migrating local files to the Project Server 2010 and I'm trying to find out how enterprise resources pool should be configured.

When .mpp files are publishing to Project Server all resources are importing to Enterprise Pool and I can see resources in the global resource center. After the .mpp files have been published MS Project shows me that I'm using enterprise users, not the local ones. 

However, when I navigate to the published project on PWA site, and select "Resource Plan" I can't see my users there - Resource Plan is empty. I still see users in the Gantt diagram of the PWA project, but not in Resource Plan.

What have I done wrong and how to have the imported users to be available in "Resource Plan" for the specific project?

SharePoint 2007 - 2010 Tips & Tricks Portal | Microsoft MVP | My Blog about Information Management | My twitter
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

The best way might be to review the Resource Sheet in each project and ensure none of the resources are tagged in the Information column as local resources (icon of a page with a head on the corner).  If you have no local resources then any assignments will be to enterprise resources and should publish OK.

To you earlier point of resource plans, this are optional when using project and typcially would be used for resource planning at a higher level than in the project - perhaps using generic resources in montlhy buckets rather than individual named resources for specific time frames.  For this reason they are not populated with resources by default.  Also for calculation of availability the default is to use the assignments in the project plan.  There is an option in each resource plan to change this to either the resource plan, or switching between the project plan and the resource plan at a future date.  So for example my project plan affects resource availability until the end of September, and after that my resource plan affects avaialbility.

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:08 PM
    Owner

All replies