monitor had broken line at the top of the lcd RRS feed

• Question

• my loptop had a broken line at the top of the lcd they a dotted line vertical, what can i do to solve this problem, please help me.

Monday, August 10, 2009 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest we first check if it is a hardware problem:

1. Does the issue occur in Safe Mode?
    2. Does the issue occur in BIOS?

Please let me know the answers. If the is answers are Yes, the problem should be a hardware problem.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:53 AM
  • Sounds like your lcd screen may be broken, follow Robinson's suggestion 1st though.

Also do these lines appear when using a external monitor and not the lcd screen?

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!

Curious about Win7 min. system requirements?
    Readme for older ATI graphics cards or Intel onboard graphics and Windows 7 users
    Windows 7 tips
    - JoelbX
    Friday, August 14, 2009 5:03 PM

• Your monitor is probably defauled to Plug & Play and so Windows 7 does not really know
    the Spec of your Screen. You can see what W 7 thinks it is in Device Manager. 

In Display->Screen Resolution, maybe change Resolution here, and/or you could try
    Advanced Settings, Change Monitor-Screen refresh rate. If you have reset Text size >100
    you might reset to 100.

When you have setting accepable to device, it shoud be OK.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest we first check if it is a hardware problem:

1. Does the issue occur in Safe Mode?
    2. Does the issue occur in BIOS?

Please let me know the answers. If the is answers are Yes, the problem should be a hardware problem.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:53 AM
  • Sounds like your lcd screen may be broken, follow Robinson's suggestion 1st though.

Also do these lines appear when using a external monitor and not the lcd screen?

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!

Curious about Win7 min. system requirements?
    Readme for older ATI graphics cards or Intel onboard graphics and Windows 7 users
    Windows 7 tips
    - JoelbX
    Friday, August 14, 2009 5:03 PM
  • its not on the harware because the hardware working properly, i ask where can i find the SAFE MODE, also the BASIC INPUT OUTPUT SYSTEM?
    not totally broken the lcd its only a line with brighter color compare with the whole lcd. also i saw the whole letter in the broken line, the letter is not broken. please give me a solution for this problem thank you.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:08 AM
  • Hi cuteyan14,

How to enter Safe Mode.

================

1. Restart the computer.

2. As soon as the system starts to reboot, press and hold the F8 Key until you a black screen menu appear.

3. Select the Safe Mode option and press the ENTER Key.

4. Does the issue occurs in Safe Mode?

How to enter BIOS setting

================

1.       Restart the computer.

2.       As soon as the system starts to reboot, press and hold the DEL button(if you are using a Desktop computer) or F2/F12 (if you are using a laptop)

3.       You will see a BISO screen, does the issue occur?

4.       To exit BIOS setting, please press ESC button.

Please let us know the result.

Thanks.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:28 AM

• Your monitor is probably defauled to Plug & Play and so Windows 7 does not really know
    the Spec of your Screen. You can see what W 7 thinks it is in Device Manager. 

In Display->Screen Resolution, maybe change Resolution here, and/or you could try
    Advanced Settings, Change Monitor-Screen refresh rate. If you have reset Text size >100
    you might reset to 100.

When you have setting accepable to device, it shoud be OK.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:10 PM