none
Cumulative update KB4013429 and update KB4013418 now available .

All replies

• thanks
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:07 PM
  • "Update History" says that this update "Failed to Install" but gives no reason or error. The machine did not error during updates: everything seemed to complete normally.

My current build is 14393.693

• Edited by klatuu Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:47 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:44 PM
  • "Update History" says that this update "Failed to Install" but gives no reason or error. The machine did not error during updates: everything seemed to complete normally.

My current build is 14393.693

No guarantees. Give the followings a try :

1/ Uninstall any anti-virus programs you have and try Windows Update again. You can always reinstall the program after 14393.953 is installed successfully.

2/ you can go to Microsoft Update Catalog and manually download the KB.
    Here are he direct download links............

To manually download:

Download KB4013429 from Microsoft Update Catalog

Download KB4013418 from Microsoft Update Catalog

• Edited by david hk129 Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:33 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:32 PM
  • Thanks.  The machine tried updating on its own again today and, again, failed.  How do i find out why its failing? There's no indication something's wrong until I restart and the update is rolled back.

I have no anti-virus running except Windows Defender. I'll try turning that off but i've never had to worry about that before.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:47 PM
  • Thanks.  The machine tried updating on its own again today and, again, failed.  How do i find out why its failing? There's no indication something's wrong until I restart and the update is rolled back.

I have no anti-virus running except Windows Defender. I'll try turning that off but i've never had to worry about that before.

No, don't do anything with Windows Defender. Let it be. it's not the culprit.

I have no other suggestions for you except the Microsoft Update Catalog direct download link I posted earlier.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:56 PM
  • Thanks for the help, but no go. It got 83% complete on the reboot. I looked away to see the alien ships arrive over NY and the update was being rolled back.

Surely there's some kind of log being written that records the error it's running into.

Friday, March 17, 2017 12:33 AM
  • I found an entry in the system log referring to error 0x800F0922 on installation. Trying now to figure out what that means.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 12:43 AM
  • My phone hasn't stopped ringing since this update. Do yourself a favor and don't install it. Far too many side effects, including WiFi issues, keyboard issues, profile issues, Office issues, DCOM issues... the list is growing rapidly. AND to make matters worse, it is (so far) 100% uninstallable. Went to Update History and Uninstall option isn't available. Even tried downloading the standalone and using /uninstall switch. Says required by Windows and cannot be uninstalled. Has turned at least of a dozen of my clients' machines into useless pieces of trash. Every make and model I've dealt with, so far.
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:13 PM
  • DAVE - My laptop has virtually ground to a halt, doesn't want to open program, is slow moving between different tasks and all sorts of other faults. It took me 2 valuable work days to reach the point I am at now, ie tracing this f**kup down to Microsoft's 'UPDATES ( KB4013418) . I AM FURIOUS and want to break this laptop in half ! . Same happens when trying to uninstall this piece of trash update... there is no way to uninstall it. Found the update site and I get " This site is unavailable". Please if you find a solution let us all know what to do. I thought I had done something stupid to my device , but am relieved to see that I am not the only one with this headache.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:33 PM
  • To : UNLOG

There is a new cumulative update KB4015438.

Does your Windows Update offer it to you ?

It might solve the problem you have with KB4013418.

Other than that, I really have no other suggestion for you.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:25 PM
  • To : UNLOG

There is a new cumulative update KB4015438.

Does your Windows Update offer it to you ?

It might solve the problem you have with KB4013418.

Other than that, I really have no other suggestion for you.

One more thing..............

Windows 10 will allow you to uninstall the most recent cumulative update.

If KB4013418 is your most recent one, you can uninstall it this way..............

Open Programs and Features > top left, click Viewed Installed Updates > wait for it to load > scroll all the way down to Microsoft Windows heading.

IF KB4013418 is the most recent cumulative update on the list, then RIGHT click at it > click Uninstall.

When that done, go to Windows Update > click check for updates. See if newer update KB4015438 is available

• Edited by david hk129 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:47 PM
  • I think this update has killed my Lenovo IdeaPad Z570.  Windows 10 64 bit hangs when loading (before the logon screen).

I can get in to Safe Mode after a couple of hard shut downs but all attempts at recovery so far have failed since the system cannot create a restore point.  This includes using the recovery menu to re-install the OS.  Attempts to uninstall the most recent update fails for the same reason!

I'm up to 2 days of trying to fix this now.

Help!

Monday, April 10, 2017 3:09 PM
  • I think this update has killed my Lenovo IdeaPad Z570.  I can get in to Safe Mode but all attempts at recovery sp far have failed since the system cannot create a restore point.  Attempts to uninstall the most recent update fails!

Help!

1. If you do System Image Bregularly, and if you did one before this update , do a system image recovery.
    I won't bore you with the "how-to" since you know how to go to Safe Mode, and System Restore.

2. If the above cannot be done, then I would suggest that you use another computer, use the Media Creation Tool link to down load the current Creators Update iso file > burn it to bootable media (DVD or USB) > take it to your IdeaPad and do a Clean Install.

If you need instructions on Clean Install, please post back.

Media Creation Tool :   https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Monday, April 10, 2017 3:33 PM
  • Thanks david hk129.

For info, my OS build is 14393.693 (Windows 10 Home).

After another "fun" night, I have truly exhausted all other recovery options.  Most of these progress almost to completion then barf right at the end!  The OS is now refusing to show me installed updates claiming "No updates are installed on this computer".  Grrr.

I don't have a disk image to fall back on.  This is not an omission I will make again!  I will perform a clean install.

Regards.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi
    Good Day!

In my environment automaticall installed version "KB4013418" but not installed the "KB4013429" do we need to install both or any one of theses installation is engough. Please let me know?

And If we have any different between the both version ?

While installing manually "KB4013429" am getting as below error.

Thanks,

Palanivel

Monday, May 15, 2017 5:13 PM