none
Table Cells Auto Highlighted RRS feed

• Question

• I am just starting to dabble in Project 2010 and familiar with 2003 version. When I am in the Resource Sheet view & go to the Cost table, some (not all) of the cells in the Cost and the Remaining columns are populating in blue. Not having much success searching online since I don't know what the proper terminology is for what I am seeing & searching for.

Any insight would be greatly appreciate. Thanks!

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:37 AM

Answers

• ML,

If you are speaking about the blue highlighting (background fill), this was a feature that was added in the 2007 version called Change Cell Highlighting.  This occurs when you make a change to your schedule, the affected cells will change to a blue background.  The cells do not need to be visible in order for this to happen.  This type of highlighting only remains until you perform the next action.  If you change a duration for example, and the highlighting does not change, then something else is happening.

If you are talking about the text being a blue color, it is possible that a highlighting filter is on or someone has formated the text to be blue.

Regards,

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:22 AM

All replies

• ML,

If you are speaking about the blue highlighting (background fill), this was a feature that was added in the 2007 version called Change Cell Highlighting.  This occurs when you make a change to your schedule, the affected cells will change to a blue background.  The cells do not need to be visible in order for this to happen.  This type of highlighting only remains until you perform the next action.  If you change a duration for example, and the highlighting does not change, then something else is happening.

If you are talking about the text being a blue color, it is possible that a highlighting filter is on or someone has formated the text to be blue.

Regards,

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:22 AM
  • Thank you and yes I am referring to the 'Change Cell Highlighting.' So, if I understand you correctly only those cells that are impacted by change will be highlighted? That would make sense since the highlighting I'm seeing is sporadic in the Resource Cost Table.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 12:15 PM
  • ML,

Yes, that is what change cell highlighting does.

Regards,

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Regarding Change Cell Highlighting may you answer my question, please:

If updating a plan in Project 2010 I don't see background color appearing in cells in the Entry table (for example), is it an option (but I haven't found it) or what else?

Thank you for your help

Mary

Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:20 PM
  • Mary,

In Project 2010, the Display Change Highlighting command in not available on any of the ribbons.  You can add it to the quick access toolbar if you need it (this would be the quickest way). 

My suspicion is that this was a Project 2007 file with the highlighting turned off and that is why you cannot see it.

Regards,

Friday, September 30, 2011 5:11 AM
  • Thanks, your advice has been very useful

Mary

Friday, September 30, 2011 12:53 PM