none
Exchange 2007 decommissioning after Staged migration to Office365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to  everyone )

We have successfully migrated all users mailboxes to exchange online (Office365).  

Now we want to  decommission (completely remove) our Exchange 2007 server from on-premise. We do not plan to implement SSO in the future (we'll keep DirSync for synchronization between on-premise AD and Office365 )
    Concerning to our plans i have 2 questions:

1) What is the proper way of decommissioning on-premise Exchange 2007  ??  (i found some links but i want to be sure that i didn't missed anything to avoid any possible issues in the future). I'd be grateful if you'll provide some step-by-step procedure (with links describing the procedure)

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Viktor,

According to your description, I understand that you want to double confirm whether you can remove the Exchange 2007 after all mailbox database move to Office 365.
    If I have misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

I want to double confirm whether there is any other Exchange server (such as Exchange 2010) in your On-premise environment.
    If you want to remove the old On-premise Exchange server, we need to make sure we have moved mailboxes to Office 365 successfully, the mail flow is ok and the user can access their mailboxes.
    Additional, we can migrate the public folder to Office 365 if you need, please follow the link below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/jj983799(v=exchg.140).aspx

If there is other Exchange server in your environment, please double check the checklist below when you remove the first Exchange Server 2007 in your organization:
    1. Move all mailboxes (including discovery and arbitration) to another server
    2. Move all Public Folder replicas
    3. Move OAB generation server
    4. Update SMTP flow from internet
    5. Update OWA/IMAP/POP/OA access from internet.
    6. Update any routing group connectors if 2003 is present
    7. Turn the old server offline for some days to check whether the new server works well.

More information about How to Remove the First Exchange 2007 Server in a Coexistence Scenario (even if the version of Exchange server is different), for your conference:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310767(v=exchg.80).aspx

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:41 PM