none
bginfo 4.28 position not correct RRS feed

• Question

• On a new installed of windows server 2019 I added our normal bginfo setup. Noticed that was not showing correct OS version I checked and found version 4.21 not 2019 ready, so downloaded latest 4.28.  Ran the new executable (bginfo64.exe) and the position of the data is shifted to the center (bginfo.exe does same).  I did check the config and have it configured for top right position.  I also played with the line size and that didn't change the new position.  tried also on a w2k12r2 server same results moved data to center.

any ideas as to why or how to correct.  I have screen shots but can't seem to get the images to paste.

john

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:05 PM

All replies

• bginfo 4.21

bginfo 4.21

bginfo 4.28

bginfo 4.28

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

BGinfo 4.28 works correctly here on all Windows Server operating system versions, it might be something to do with the remote desktop or resolution.

When I tried playing around by minimizing and maximizing the RDP windows it kind of placed the BG info in different positions, when I ran the executable again it went to the correct position.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:25 PM
  • or check for DPI changes..

Sometimes running with 150% DPI causes issues.. check the scaling you are using.

HTH
    -mario

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 4:17 PM
  • Hi John

I see you have had some assistance from the community so just wanted to check whether or not the issue has been resolved before I raise a bug for it?

MarkC (MSFT)

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:35 AM
  • Hello,

on pc with scale of 125%(recommended) the BGinfo is also not working good.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:21 AM