Generic Performance Mapper Module Failed Execution for Network Device Alignment Threshold monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I added my switches as network devices to monitor. I then enabled the SNMP Ethernet Interface Performance monitor for Alignment Errors.  However I started getting the following errors

Module was unable to convert parameter to a double value Original parameter: '$data/SnmpVarBinds/SnmpVarBind[1]/Value$' Parameter after $Data replacement: '' Error: 0x80020005 Details: Type mismatch. One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice.Interface.Ethernet.AlignmentErrorThresholdMonitor Instance name: 2.Ethernet Interface Instance ID: {18AE64C3-A233-B8C1-72B4-7F92559B2E23} Management group: XXXXXX_MG

I looked at the associated events and I get the following

Module was unable to convert parameter to a double value

Original parameter: '$data/SnmpVarBinds/SnmpVarBind[1]/Value$'

Parameter after $Data replacement: ''

Error: 0x80020005

Details: Type mismatch.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice.Interface.Ethernet.AlignmentErrorThresholdMonitor

Instance name: 15.Ethernet Interface

Instance ID: {FF4F2219-E2A5-35B8-2981-3CB98AC70D0E}

Management group: XXXXXX_MG

I then used a SNMP MIB browser to load the RFC1284 MIB and sent a GET BULK to the OID this monitor was using and I got a result. Why is the Network Device Monitoring Library MP producing type mismatch errors?  The version of the MP I’m using is 6.0.1885.4

dot3StatsAlignmentErrors

Friday, July 24, 2009 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hello Paul,

This issue could be caused by that the used OID was not matching the probed data. Please check which rules you used to monitor the SNMP devices and check the OID of these rules.

Then create new rules for every OID. Disable the old rules and enable the new rules to check if you can view the performance data.

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, August 3, 2009 12:32 PM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Paul,

This issue could be caused by that the used OID was not matching the probed data. Please check which rules you used to monitor the SNMP devices and check the OID of these rules.

Then create new rules for every OID. Disable the old rules and enable the new rules to check if you can view the performance data.

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, August 3, 2009 12:32 PM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 10:03 AM
  • Hi Paul,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    Monday, August 3, 2009 12:31 PM