Shared calendar not sending out email to accept and add calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We're currently in the process of moving towards Shared Calendars. 

One of the issues I've encountered is with new hires. When a new employee is hired and they need access to a shared calendar. Adding the employee to the mail enabled security group does not automatically send that person the email to accept and add the calendar to Outlook nor will it auto-populate the calendar in their Outlook.

How have you gotten around this issue?

Thanks!

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:41 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 5:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Perry,

Is there any way to have shared calendars that are shared with you automatically opened/accepted so it will auto-populate?

Regards,

I’m afraid this is not realizable. Outlook automatically opens the mailbox where the user is assigned Full Access permission. This feature is named as AutoMapping. But this only works for mailboxes, not to security groups.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SCCM Wannabe Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Adding the employee to the mail enabled security group does not automatically send that person the email to accept and add the calendar to Outlook nor will it auto-populate the calendar in their Outlook.

Based on my knowledge, this is an expected behavior. No such an email is generated but permission will be applied to this user after you add new hire to this security group. Users can directly open shared calendar on Outlook client via Add Calendar > Open Shared Calendar.

If you want to inform new hire that permission has been set, Admin can manually send out an notification email to new hires.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, December 16, 2019 7:37 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Is there any way to have shared calendars that are shared with you automatically opened/accepted so it will auto-populate?

Regards,

Monday, December 16, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi Perry,

Regards,

I’m afraid this is not realizable. Outlook automatically opens the mailbox where the user is assigned Full Access permission. This feature is named as AutoMapping. But this only works for mailboxes, not to security groups.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by SCCM Wannabe Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:10 AM