Office 2007 apps won't run RRS feed

• Question

• XP Pro with Office 2007.  PC was working normally for a long time.  Developed a problem opening all office apps.  Error is "There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word".  There is plenty of memory and disk space.  Problem only happens with one user account . Other accounts, including newly created ones work fine.  If this account logs on to the local machine instead of the domain it works OK.  When logged in as this user, I can "run as" any other account and apps will open.  This user account is administrator on this machine.   Ran repair on office,  un-installed and re-installed office with no change.  Deleted and re-created this user account ( domain account) with no change.  Also created an account for this user on a diffenent machine and it works fine.  I have already tried all of the posted fixes I could find with no results.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:27 PM

Answers

• If you suspect the operating system, then you could run

sfc /scannow

It checks if all system files are undamaged.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:05 AM

All replies

• Do you have a default printer for this user? Try to change it to the XPS Writer or some other printer.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Just tried it.  No change.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:57 PM
  • The next step would be Process Monitor. See what operations are tried just before the error message.

Some more ideas:

* Delete everything from the %temp% folder
    * Delete the Data registry key (especially if you use roaming profiles)
    * Check for Group Policy Objects (maybe with loopback processing)
    * Encrypted File System (the temp folder must not be encrypted)
    * Folder redirection
    * Add-Ins, normal.dotm, global templates (winword /a)

Friday, July 15, 2011 1:09 AM
  • Tried your suggestions with no change.  I suspect this may not be related to Word/Office.

I wish I could find information on how to completely purge a user account from XP and Office.

Deleting the user account and it's files in Documents and settings doesn't clear the problem.

Thanks

Monday, July 18, 2011 3:09 PM
  • If you suspect the operating system, then you could run

sfc /scannow

It checks if all system files are undamaged.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:05 AM