Error at Manage Content Deployment Paths and Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Im trying to View history of my Job, when I click on this option a Received the next message:

An error occurred during the processing of /_admin/DeploymentJobHistory.aspx. The server tag is not well formed.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. Correlation ID: 31683c47-ab77-4f77-8458-4b4c56f24dfc

Can you help me to fix or find the bug with this problem?

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hello everbody,

Does anyone know why Im receiving this error message when I try to "View History" at Content Deployment Paths and Jobs. The Job runs OK and have Completed Status but trying to View Job History I received the next message:

An error occurred during the processing of /_admin/DeploymentJobHistory.aspx. The server tag is not well formed.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. Correlation ID: 31683c47-ab77-4f77-8458-4b4c56f24dfc

Can you help me to fix or find info of this bug?...

Friday, December 29, 2017 3:33 PM
  • Did anybody reply or answer this?  Did you fix this?

We are having the same error after windows updates.  

Monday, April 9, 2018 11:24 PM
  • Hi

I think you can try to make the content deployment job are full deployment by powershell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-server/set-spcontentdeploymentjob?view=sharepoint-ps

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:56 AM
  • This error is about not being able to View History of a content deployment job.

The full content deployment jobs are working but you can't view the history.

• Open Central Admin
    • Under "General Applications Settings", click 'Configure content deployment paths and jobs'
    • Hover over a deploy job and click the dropdown
    • Click 'View History'

The "View History" URL is: http://sitename/_admin/DeploymentJobHistory.aspx?JobId=jobidnumber

So I'm not sure what your instructions are telling me to do as the full content deployments are working.  I just can't view the history

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:35 PM
  • I had the same issue and I turned off the custom errors within the SharePoint Central Admin web.config file so I could see where the issue was.  When I clicked on "View History" within Central Admin, the following error displayed.

As you can see there is some malformed code on the DeploymentJobHistory.aspx system page - there is a bracket after Text="" on line 128. 

This is a Microsoft built page that is installed when you install SharePoint.  It can be found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\ADMIN\ on the SharePoint server.

Not sure why it has only broken now because the .aspx page was last modified back in 2010 when we upgraded to SharePoint 2010.  The page broke after we installed Windows Updates.

DeploymentJobHistory.aspx page error.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:44 PM
  • Thanks a lot. It resolved my issue.

Regards Kathir

Monday, January 21, 2019 9:13 PM