none
DPM Upgrade to DPM 2012 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We have upgraded the DPM to 2012 about 6 months back.

Now we have DPM version 4.0.1920.0 which is DPM 2012 SP1 (if I am not wrong).

I want now to upgrade it DPM 2012 SP2.

I want to know if this is possible and also please assist me if any thing is needed.

Regards,

Suman Rout

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no DPM 2012 SP2, you can upgrade to DPM 2012 R2 from DPM 2012 SP1.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no DPM 2012 SP2, you can upgrade to DPM 2012 R2 from DPM 2012 SP1.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:23 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the response. I mistakenly mentioned it as SP2 in place of R2.

I read somewhere that DPM R2 do not support Window 2003 for backup is that correct?

Also want to know if SP1 supports Windows 2003 Server for Backup.

Regards,

Suman Rout

Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, both DPM 2012 SP1 and R2 support protecting Windows 2003 servers. For DPM 2012 R2 you need UR2 or later and must install the DPM agent for 2003 servers manually using the steps outlined in the UR kb article.

Friday, November 14, 2014 3:37 AM