Pinned/recent items have disappeared from the windows exp taskbar icon RRS feed

• Question

• After doing a restore due to my computer getting stuck on a resolution my monitor couldn't display both pinned and recent items have disappeared. I have gone to start button>properties as previous threads have suggest but the pinned items are still ticked. 

Pinned/recent works for all of my other taskbar icons and if I add an item to be pinned it doesn't display.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:44 AM

Answers

• Your user profile should be corrupt. You may refer the steps in the following website to create new user account and copy contents to the profile of the new account. 

Fix a corrupted user profile 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 28, 2011 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

• Please restore your system with a previous Restore point to resolve this issue.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 7, 2011 6:48 AM
  • I tried restoring it today to as early as it would go (the day of my original post) which I assume is after the problem occurring to no avail. Is there a any other way to fix it or perhaps restore to an earlier point than listed?
    Monday, January 10, 2011 8:12 AM
  • Your user profile should be corrupt. You may refer the steps in the following website to create new user account and copy contents to the profile of the new account. 

Fix a corrupted user profile 

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 28, 2011 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:39 AM