none
Project Data service suddenly stopped working RRS feed

  • Question

  • This is in Project Server 2013.

    It is giving me this error:

    {
    error
    {
    code""
    message
    {
    lang"en-US"
    value"Unhandled exception encountered while forwarding ODATA request to the App Server"
    }
    -
    }
    -

    }

    Any idea where to start? The only thing I changed recently was the default paging size for all entities to 3000 (Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration -DefaultMaxPageSize 3000, to be clear.), but that was two days ago and it's been working fine since then until just this moment.

    Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:56 PM

Answers

  • I was not running a report.

    However, I did figure the problem out. In addition to the Default, I had run:

    Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration -EntitySetName tasks -PageSizeOverride 100

    But there is not entity called tasks, so that had created the error. Odd that it accepted the command and didn't start causing problems until two days later.

    Anyway, to fix the problem, I ran

    Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration -ClearEntityPageSizeOverrides.

    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

     
    • Marked as answer by Sean Gibat Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:56 PM

All replies

  • Do you know if you where running a report at the time of the error message?

    What was the reason for changing the default?

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Monday, September 15, 2014 7:13 PM
    Moderator
  • I was not running a report.

    However, I did figure the problem out. In addition to the Default, I had run:

    Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration -EntitySetName tasks -PageSizeOverride 100

    But there is not entity called tasks, so that had created the error. Odd that it accepted the command and didn't start causing problems until two days later.

    Anyway, to fix the problem, I ran

    Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration -ClearEntityPageSizeOverrides.

    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

     
    • Marked as answer by Sean Gibat Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:56 PM