Creators Update 1703 - Unable to use "Run as..." option on any installed application. RRS feed

• Question

• I updated my Windows 10 Enterprise OS from build 1607 (Anniversary Update) to 1703 (Creators Update).  Following the update, whenever I try to use "Run as..." on any application, I get the appropriate prompt for credentials, but the Run as... launch fails with an "Access Denied" message.

This is a problem, since I use the Microsoft RSAT Tools (KB2693643) to manage Windows servers for my work.  The RSAT Tools were installed on my machine prior to the update.  From what I've read, the best way to get the tools working again is to uninstall them and then re-install.  However, when I attempt to remove KB2693643, it fails.  So, I'm kinda stuck now.

I suspect I'm dealing with profile corruption since this is affecting more than just the RSAT tools.  I'll create a new profile and see how things work from there.

Has anyone seen this issue, or had to deal with this, following the upgrade to the Creators Update 1703?

(edited: for clarity)
    • Edited by Recte Dividas Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:17 PM clarity
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:14 PM

All replies