none
Approval Workflow for Creation, Changes and Deletion. On-Premise and AAD Premium. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know if it’s possible to have an Approval Workflow (integrated with Outlook template) in order to allow the Creation, Changes, or Deletion of an user with some intervention (for example: Manager approval).

I know that this was only possible for joining a user to a group. But can you clarify me if it’s possible my scenario with both: 1) FIM2010R2, and 2) AAD in the cloud. And, which Microsoft Office versions support integration with templates? 

Thank you. 

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:16 PM

All replies

• Considering-You want to delete user from FIM and AD after approval from Manager. This can be tried by creating MPR in FIM for granting permission to someone to delete user. In that MPR add an authorization workflow having authorization activities for approvals as per your need. Post approval, the user will be deleted from FIM Portal and then you have to configure proper object deletion rules to get it deleted from AD or from your destination.

Make sense?

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

• Proposed as answer by Manuj Khurana Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:06 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:51 AM
  • Manuj, 

sounds great. Do you know if this can be integrated into a MS Office/Outlook template, in order to allow the approver to Accept or Reject the action? And, what version of MS Office can be inegrated to FIM and/or AADPremium. 

Regards. 

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Well, I have not created MS Office/Outlook template at this point. What I can suggest is, you can get take the URL of approving/rejecting the request and use that URL in the Email Template as hyperlink from which a user can directly approve/reject the request.

Or

FIM also provide Outlook Add-in which can be called as Outlook template. And it can directly help you approve/reject the request from that (I haven't tried it yet, just an idea).

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

• Proposed as answer by Manuj Khurana Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:06 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:59 AM