MP Exchange Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

We have next equipments - 

Server  Operations Manager 2016 (UR5)

Exchange Server 2010

We imported Management Pack for Exchange Server 2010 and we have next error - 

The test step GetReferral running over protocol 'ncacn_http' issued from test user '/o=First RIMERA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=extest_7677fc20b1664712' failed with error: '1722(The RPC server is unavailable)'. The detailed information of the running instance context: 'User = 'extest_7677fc20b1664', Server = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********', UseHttp = 'True''. The exception: 'Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.RFROperationException: The Address Book Referral operation failed. Operation = '<GetNewDSA>b__6', returnValue = '1722', server = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********', user = '/o=First RIMERA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=extest_7677fc20b1664712', . at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.RfriClientWrapper.RfriCall(Func`1 rfriCall) at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.RfriClientWrapper.GetNewDSA(LegacyDN userLegacyDN) at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.AddressbookTask.GetReferral()' Verbose: Target Site = '**********/Configuration/Sites/Izhneftemash-Izhevsk-inm' Verbose: Target Domain = '**********' Verbose: Target User = 'extest_7677fc20b1664@**********' Verbose: Resolved server. Server Name = 'inm-srv-mail1', Server FQDN= 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: Retrieved Subject of the installed server certificate: . Verbose: Based on RpcTestType, the cmdlet needs to dynamically look up the endpoint that uses this server as reference point. Verbose: Target Client Access server = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: Based on RpcProxyTestType, the cmdlet needs to dynamically look up the endpoint that uses this server as reference point. Verbose: Target Client Access server = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: Using connection parameters : '**********\extest_7677fc20b1664: RpcProxy/RPC-over-HTTP, [inm-srv-mail1.**********/Basic]' Verbose: Pinging RpcProxy at the following URL: https://inm-srv-mail1.**********/rpc/RpcProxy.dll. Verbose: RPC Endpoint = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: RPC Endpoint = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: RPC Endpoint = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: RPC Endpoint = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: RPC Endpoint = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********' Verbose: Using connection parameters : '**********\extest_7677fc20b1664: Rfri/RPC-over-HTTP, [inm-srv-mail1.**********/Basic], [inm-srv-mail1.**********/Negotiate]' Verbose: Mailbox = '**********\extest_7677fc20b1664', Owner = '/o=First RIMERA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=extest_7677fc20b1664712' Verbose: Address Book Operation = 'GetNewDSA', Input = 'userLegacyDN', Input Value = '/o=First RIMERA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=extest_7677fc20b1664712' Verbose: Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.ServerUnavailableException: Error 0x6ba (The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_RfrGetNewDSA EEInfo: ComputerName: n/a EEInfo: ProcessID: 7392 EEInfo: Generation Time: 2018-09-18 05:38:09.416 EEInfo: Generating component: 2 EEInfo: Status: 0x000006BA EEInfo: Detection location: 1710 EEInfo: Flags: 0 EEInfo: NumberOfParameters: 1 EEInfo: prm[0]: Long val: 0 (0x00000000) EEInfo: ComputerName: n/a EEInfo: ProcessID: 7392 EEInfo: Generation Time: 2018-09-18 05:38:09.416 EEInfo: Generating component: 14 EEInfo: Status: 0x000006BA EEInfo: Detection location: 1398 EEInfo: Flags: 0 EEInfo: NumberOfParameters: 2 EEInfo: prm[0]: Long val: 4 (0x00000004) EEInfo: prm[1]: Long val: 1722 (0x000006BA) EEInfo: ComputerName: n/a EEInfo: ProcessID: 7392 EEInfo: Generation Time: 2018-09-18 05:38:09.401 EEInfo: Generating component: 13 EEInfo: Status: 0x000006BA EEInfo: Detection location: 1418 EEInfo: Flags: 0 EEInfo: NumberOfParameters: 0 at ThrowRpcException(Int32 rpcStatus, String message) at Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.RpcClientBase.ThrowRpcExceptionWithEEInfo(Int32 rpcStatus, String routineName) at Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.Rfri.RfriRpcClient.GetNewDSA(String userDN, String& server) at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.RfriClientWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass7.<GetNewDSA>b__6() at Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.OutlookConnectivityContext.RpcExceptionWrapper(Func`1 protectedCall) Verbose: AddressBook operation failed. Operation = 'GetReferral', Error = 'The Address Book Referral operation failed. Operation = '<GetNewDSA>b__6', returnValue = '1722', server = 'inm-srv-mail1.**********', user = '/o=First RIMERA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=extest_7677fc20b1664712', .' Diagnostic command: "Test-OutlookConnectivity -RpcProxyTestType:Internal -RpcTestType:Server -TrustAnySSLCert:$true -MonitoringContext:$true"

Diagnostic command show next information -

ClientAccessServer   ServiceEndpoint                               Scenario                            Result  Latency (MS)

------------------             ---------------                                        --------                                ------  -------

inm-srv-mail1.... inm-srv-mail1. **********                      RpcProxy::VerifyRpcProxy.           Success   15.52

inm-srv-mail1.... inm-srv-mail1. **********                      RFRI::GetReferral.                          Failure   -1.00

inm-srv-mail1.... inm-srv-mail1. **********                      NSPI::GetProfileDetails.                Failure   -1.00

inm-srv-mail1.... inm-srv-mail1. **********                      Mailbox::Connect.                         Failure   -1.00

inm-srv-mail1.... inm-srv-mail1.**********                       Mailbox::Logon.                             Skipped   -1.00

What can I do that resolve this error?

Friday, September 21, 2018 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The error is clearly related to network connectivity and in particular to RPC calls. What I mean is that in order to this check to succeed you need to open port 135 and also the dynamic port range (from 49152 up to 65535). Not quite sure if this the 'inm-srv-mail1 server, but you should know better. 

So make sure ports are opened and then it should get resolved.

Here a bit more on RPC calls and errors:

Windows Server Troubleshooting: "The RPC server is unavailable"

Hope I could help. Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, September 21, 2018 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error is clearly related to network connectivity and in particular to RPC calls. What I mean is that in order to this check to succeed you need to open port 135 and also the dynamic port range (from 49152 up to 65535). Not quite sure if this the 'inm-srv-mail1 server, but you should know better. 

So make sure ports are opened and then it should get resolved.

Here a bit more on RPC calls and errors:

Windows Server Troubleshooting: "The RPC server is unavailable"

Hope I could help. Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, September 21, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hello.

We have problem the only KHI: HTTP Connectivity..........................

I find article - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/9cad0def-4aa9-40bb-8aa3-27105528ebf4/exchange-2010-mp-testoutlookconnectivity-extest-errors-every-10-minutes?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

There people have same problems and in article end have solution this problem - 

For me setting the option "hide from exchange address lists" for the exchange test user solved the issue! That's strange! We have different exchange 2010 environments which we monitor, and only one of them have this issue.

Details: I had the following error (when running the command "Test-OutlookConnectivity -RpcTestType:Server -TrustAnySSLCert:$true -MonitoringContext:$true" in Exchange 2010 powershell):

Type: Error
    Message: An exception occurred while the cmdlet was running. This often indicates the test environment isn't prepared correctly. The administrator needs to examine the configuration. 
    Exception details: Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.DataCorruptionException: Server data is corrupted. 
    DataSource = 'QueryHomeMDB.QueryRows.HomeMDB', Violation = ''.
    PerformanceCounters : Object: MSExchange Monitoring OutlookConnectivity
    Counter: OutlookConnectivity Latency
    Instance: server.local\extest_b09e50fc9a205: RPC-over-HTTP: False, [/Basic], [Server/Negotiate]
    Value: -1000

After setting the option "Hide from exchange address lists" on the user "extest_b09e50fc9a205" I rerun the command and finally getting the result:

server.local                 RFRI::GetReferral.                  Success   43.08
    server.local                 NSPI::GetProfileDetails.          Success   40.14
    server.local                 Mailbox::Connect.                  Success   14.68
    server.local                 Mailbox::Logon.                     Success   18.60

And no more SCOM-Alerts... Thanks to lodhmaps. But I am still wondering why this happens.

But I failed to understand who users need to enable option "hide from exchange address lists". ((

Can someone suggest me?

Monday, September 24, 2018 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

It seems this is an Exchange operation. For more information, we may refer to:

Exchange 2013: Hide Mailbox from Address List
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30926.exchange-2013-hide-mailbox-from-address-list.aspx

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:57 AM
  • I enabled option "hide from exchange address lists" for user - User = 'extest_7677fc20b1664' but it didn't help. (

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

were you able to get rid of the alert? Can you please post a short update here? 

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:46 AM
  • What means - get rid of the alert? What do I need to do?
    Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

I meant "Were you able to resolve them"?

Thanks in advance for the update!

Regards,

Friday, October 12, 2018 2:23 PM