none
Backing up 1,4tb Journal DAG DB RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Does someone have some input on why I get the error in the screenshot. I have 4.8TB available in my storage available to DPM and DPM wants to create replicas that are around 3,2TB for the 1,4TB DAG.

Friday, March 6, 2015 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to contact VMware in the meantime? I remember there is such an issue in VMware that enlarged disk is not recognized in system until a shutdown or reboot of VM. If available you can try a reboot first. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Above all please check the disk(s) which you are going to store the backup.

You mentioned that there are 4.8TB space avaliable - please check if these disks are converted to GPT from MBR - MBR does not support disk size which larger than 2TB.

To convert a disk to GPT you can right click on the disk in Disk Manager and choose GPT. 

Note: You will need to delete all volumes before changing it to GPT. 

After this please add these disks backup to pool to see the result. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 9, 2015 9:34 AM
  • Yes its on GPT
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Whether they are physical hard disks, or storage assigned to the server such as an iSCSI SAN? What's the size of each disks if there are more than 1 disk (or lun)?

Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:03 AM
  • Disks are VMDK files

All disks a currently 1.995GB due to the fact that VMWare can only make larger disks if I shutdown the server. 

Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to contact VMware in the meantime? I remember there is such an issue in VMware that enlarged disk is not recognized in system until a shutdown or reboot of VM. If available you can try a reboot first. 

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:13 AM