none
How to force Outlook 2010 to connect to a specific exchange server

Question

• I have 3 exchange servers and one of them went down. I remember configuring a file with the IP of the exchange server that went down. I want to remove the IP so I can connect to the other servers. Anyone know what the file path/name of the file I am looking for. 

• Edited by Jay Saeed Friday, April 5, 2019 8:09 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 8:08 PM

All replies

• What you describe is hardly a standard practice so I have no idea what you modified.  Maybe it's the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, April 6, 2019 4:52 AM
  • Hi Jay,

Do you remember you edited a file from the client side or the server side? From the client side, it could be the hosts file as Ed stated. From the server side, it could be that your edited the DNS record to point to the specific server.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 8, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi Jay,

How is everything going? Have you got a chance to try the above suggestions?

Regard,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 12, 2019 9:52 AM