locked
guid@domainname appearing for Lync Hot desking RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all, 

    I have configured lync hotdesking as per the below URL 

    http://blog.schertz.name/2011/04/common-area-phone-configuration-in-lync/

    I have noticed that when a call is made from the hotdesking phone to another lync number the reciver sees the number as Guid@domainname 

    I need to know how to get the displayname instead of guid@domainname which is currently appearing for the receiver when a call is received 

    e.g. You missed a call from 8f43beca-ccbd-4ca3-8279-20323d9509e4@mydomain.com

    This is received on the receiver end if it's a missed call or if the call is picked. 

    Please advise

    Setup - Skype for Business server - Migrated from lync 2010 


    tfernandes

    Monday, June 27, 2016 6:17 PM

Answers

  • thanks alot for your inputs.

    i found that the resource mailbox had already the contact details same number in AD phone attributes. 

    hotdesking also creates a contact on exchange - i remove this number from the resource mailbox attribute  from AD and that's it all worked fine

    Solution: Cross Check for the same number which might be utilized elsewhere.


    tfernandes

    • Proposed as answer by Liinus Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, July 11, 2016 4:46 AM
    Saturday, July 2, 2016 2:53 PM

All replies

  • What happens if you try to search the hotdesk phones from the Lync client ? are they getting resolved to the correct identity? can you verify from get-cscommonareaphoneconfiguration that the display name is all correct there ? Confirm that the number is not assigned to any other AD  contacts or components .


    Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

    Monday, June 27, 2016 7:24 PM
  • hi i checked in ad as well as in the lync client it resolves by name but only when the hot desking phone is used to call someone the receiver sees the GUID instead of display name 

    tfernandes

    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:47 PM
  • How is your addressbook service , is that WebsearchOnly or both. How about Updates on your server , make sure Server is patched with the latest version, Was this working fine when you had it for Lync 2010. 


    Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:53 PM
  • thanks alot for your inputs.

    i found that the resource mailbox had already the contact details same number in AD phone attributes. 

    hotdesking also creates a contact on exchange - i remove this number from the resource mailbox attribute  from AD and that's it all worked fine

    Solution: Cross Check for the same number which might be utilized elsewhere.


    tfernandes

    • Proposed as answer by Liinus Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, July 11, 2016 4:46 AM
    Saturday, July 2, 2016 2:53 PM
  • Good to know  its resolved.

    Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

    Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:16 PM